New camera = 2, Wendy = 0. I've yet to be really happy with the results I get with my new camera. I really knew how to work my old point and shoot. I'm not complaining and I'm not in a big rush. I enjoy experimenting and reading the manual. I have just been short on time to practice or it has been raining. You can read about the weather here. Now the shots I take in auto or scene modes are good and some are even great, but that's not the point.
Yesterday I decided to take the afternoon off from work and go shoot. My photo buddy Kathy and I decided to see what we could find around town. Kathy has a new super duper lens she's trying to figure out and I was going to play with my polarizing filter. I got some neat shots with the filter. Although most of the time, I forgot it was on so a lot of my shots looks darker than they actually were. Camera = 1 Oh well, I don't mind showing off my good and bad shots. There aren't any real keepers in this post though. I also at some point turned my camera to aperture priority and didn't really realize it. Camera = 2.
Here is an angry goose. He or she, I don't know the difference, was very bossy and was actually chasing all the others away. Luckily, my basic enhancing tool was able to lighten it up nicely, then I cropped it.
Here you can see I got a nice effect with the filter but still had to lighten up the photo. Still nothing to write home about.
I got the detail I wanted in the top flower. Improvement.
I like the detail in this one too, but I had forgotten I still had the polarizing filter on...
so, it had to be lightened too. Not bad, but not exactly true color either. Still working to learn photoshop too. I think I'll let this one go and focus on the camera right now. I am amazed at everything photoshop can do, but I believe you should try to make the camera take the picture you want. Then you edit if needed.

I am happy with the colors in this shot, although the composition is just blah.

So there you have it. Although I don't have breathtaking photos to show off, I learned a lot.

Happy Birthday to my dear friend Patsy. I wish I was celebrating your birthday with you. I hope you have a great day! This will not make sense to anyone but Patsy, but here is your poetry tidbit ...
We walked in the bar
and gave our ID's
Chris at the door said,
two dollars please.
What kind of beer?
That was the question.
Bottle or can?
She had a suggestion.
Pitchers it was!
We'd save and be wise,
cause Chris at the door
liked to see Patsy kiss guys.







It makes sense to the rest of us who went to Zacks!!!! Happy Birthday Patsy, I haven't met you but have heard lots of stories!!!! I think you and I could be GREAT friends!!!
ReplyDelete